We have seen a huge increase in the number of children and young people fundraising and supporting us in many ways, usually as a result of somebody they know being affected by cancer and receiving care and treatment at Velindre.
We feel these wonderful young people deserve to be recognised for their fantastic efforts and receive benefits which will help them in the future, so we have created the Velindre Young Ambassadors Programme.
The Velindre Young Ambassador Programme is for people under the age of 21 who have a desire to promote and support the good work of Velindre, helping us to make a difference to cancer patients and their families in Wales.
Velindre Young Ambassadors will act as advocates of the charity and will support us in a range of ways; from organising and / or taking part in events to raise funds for Velindre, promoting our campaigns, appeals, events, news and stories, and inspiring and encouraging others to get involved.
Velindre Young Ambassador Role Objectives
- Be committed to Velindre
- Promote and publicise Velindre Fundraising events and activities, health and cancer awareness campaigns, including our Wear Red For Wales And Velindre Campaign, news and stories at school, college, groups, clubs, in communities and online
- Volunteer at suitable events
- Be the main point of contact in school, college, youth group, club etc
- Portray a positive image and be a good role model to young people
- Influence and inspire other young people
Velindre Young Ambassador Role Benefits
- Develop personal and employ-ability skills which will enhance your CV
- Official recognition of your support for Velindre
- A reference to support university and job applications
- Opportunities to meet new people and support an exciting and diverse range of events and fundraising activities
- You will be supporting Wales' Premier Cancer Centre, helping to raise vital awareness and funds for cancer patients, their families and carers in Wales.
To apply to become a Velindre Young Ambassador please complete an application formhere.
For further information on the Velindre Young Ambassador programme please contact us on 029 2031 6211 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of our current Young Ambassadors.