Fundraising for Velindre
If you’re raising vital funds for Velindre – Thank you!
By fundraising for Velindre, you are helping our staff continue to provide gold standard care to patients and families in Wales.
Our experienced fundraising team are on hand to support you through your event/activity and would love to hear from you to promote your efforts across our social media.
Have you already raised funds for Velindre? If so, you can pay in your donations here
The difference your donations make:
100% of the donations raised in aid of Velindre Cancer Charity are invested back into Velindre Cancer Centre and it’s community services. We pride ourselves on being a local Charity that specifically supports cancer patients and families in Wales. In addition to our local efforts in supporting welsh patients, Velindre contributes to ground breaking cancer research on a national and global scale.
Here is an overview of just some of the areas that are funded and supported by the donations received through the Charity:
- Velindre Cancer Charity invests £1 Million per year in support of ground breaking research and clinical trials which helps identify new cutting edge treatments.
- 50% of Clinical Nurse Specialists who offer one to one care and support for patients throughout their treatment and recovery.
- A range of complimentary therapies including reflexology, reiki, aromatherapy and psychology support.
- Most recently, the Charity has funded a psychologist specific to front line staff at Velindre to support their mental health and well-being.
- 100% of the children’s resources including memory boxes, worry monsters, lion toys and educational books on how to explain a cancer diagnosis to a child.
- Maintenance of keys areas within the building including the children’s room and family rooms which allows families to spend private, quality time with their loved ones when on-site.
- Wig vouchers to support patients in purchasing their first wig.
- Many more roles, services and specific tools that aim to enhance a patient’s experience and outcome.