Velindre Young Ambassadors
The Velindre Young Ambassador Programme is for people under the age of 21 who have a desire to promote and support the good work of Velindre, helping us to make a difference to cancer patients and their families in Wales.
Velindre Young Ambassadors will act as advocates of the charity and will support us in a range of ways; from organising and/or taking part in events, promoting our campaigns, appeals, events, news & stories and inspiring and encouraging others to get involved.
Young Ambassadors Role Objectives
- Committed to Velindre
- Promote and publicise Velindre Fundraising events and activities, health and cancer awareness campaigns, including Wear Red for Wales and Velindre campaign, news and stories at school, college and in communities.
- Volunteer at suitable events
- Be the main point of contact in their schools, college, youth group
- Potray a positive image and be a good role model to young people
- Influence and inspire other young people
- Have good communication skills
- Use initiative and take responsibility
- Be committed and organised
Benefits of the role of Young Ambassador
- Develop personal and employ-ability skills which will enhance your CV
- Official recognition of your support for Velindre
- A reference to support university and job applications
- Opportunities to meet new people and support an exciting and diverse range of events and fundraising activities
- You will be supporting Wales premier Cancer Centre, helping to raise vital funds for cancer patients, their families and carers in Wales.
To become a Velindre Young Ambassador please get in touch with us on 029 2031 6211 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Melissa Haggett on
12 September 2017 at 12:00 AM