Velindre Young Ambassadors
The Velindre Young Ambassador Programme is for people under the age of 21 who have a desire to promote and support the good work of Velindre, helping us to make a difference to cancer patients and their families in Wales.
Velindre Young Ambassadors will act as advocates of the charity and will support us in a range of ways; from organising and/or taking part in events, promoting our campaigns, appeals, events, news and stories, and inspiring and encouraging others to get involved too.
Velinre Young Ambassadors Role Objectives
- Be committed to Velindre
- Promote and publicise Velindre Fundraising events and activities, health and cancer awareness campaigns, including our Wear Red For Wales And Velindre campaign, news and stories at school, college, in communities and online.
- Volunteer at suitable events
- Be the main point of contact in schools, colleges, youth groups, sports clubs etc
- Potray a positive image and be a good role model to other young people
- Influence and inspire other young people
- Have good communication skills
- Use initiative and take responsibility
Benefits of the role of Young Ambassador
- Develop personal and employ-ability skills which will enhance your CV
- Official recognition of your support for Velindre
- A reference to support university and job applications
- Opportunities to meet new people and support an exciting and diverse range of events and fundraising activities
- You will be supporting Wales premier Cancer Centre, helping to raise vital funds for cancer patients, their families and carers in Wales.
To apply to become a Velindre Young Ambassador please complete a Velindre Young Ambassador Application form here: velindre-young-ambassador-1247.docx
For further details on the Velindre Young Ambassador programme please contact Velindre Fundraising on 029 2031 6211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Melissa Haggett on
12 September 2017 at 12:00 AM